Back Office Assistant II - FT/Days - Costa Mesa
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Job Listing: MEM006090
- Effectively perform all competencies per the Back Office Skills Checklist.
- Perform the patient rooming process per established protocol, including interview patient and measure vital signs.
- Administer medications and perform procedures as ordered/instructed by provider.
- Maintain effective and organized systems to ensure:
- timely patient flow,
- rooms are stocked with adequate supplies,
- maintenance of instruments
- all related reports and information are available in the Electronic Health Record
- maintenance of all logs and required checks
- patient follow-up and messages are handled in a HIPAA-compliant manner
- Follow established policies and procedures for labeling and collecting all specimens, using appropriate media as directed by provider.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications, sterile techniques, and policies and procedures. Dispose of contaminated/non-contaminated materials sharps in the appropriate disposal container.
- Ensure documentation is complete, accurate, timely, and reflects patient’s plan of care. Submit charges for MA-performed services in a timely and accurate manner per office protocols.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide instructions and results to patient as ordered/directed by Provider.
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the provider or management team within the scope of knowledge, ability and practice.
Pay Range: $20.55 - $29.78
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Three (3) years of back office medical assistant experience preferred.
- General clerical skills to include typing, filing, scanning and calculator use.
- Electronic medical records (NextGen) experience preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Medical Assistant Certificate required.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."