Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA002588
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Clerk III role will serve as an important point of contact for the OCM Spine Health Center. This individual is responsible for obtaining and documenting details of patient’s progress toward established goals and their functional outcome data. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, collecting and documenting the patients’ current and past medical history information, explaining the program to new patients, greeting patients, rooming patients upon arrival and scheduling patients for follow-up or referred appointments. The Clerk III will develop and maintain a positive working relationship with patients, providers and their office staff, and all colleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Ability to be at work and be on time.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner; demonstrate empathetic, helpful and courteous behavior to all customers
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Assist with the collection and reporting of patient functional outcome surveys.
- Recognize emergent and urgent response to “red flag” intake questions.
- Follow patient care algorithm regarding notification of patient information to the Triage provider for routine and emergent management of the patient.
- Demonstrate computer literacy skills with basic programs such as Word, Excel, Epic.
- Ensure confidential and accurate maintenance of patients’ medical health history.
- Possess a basic understanding of insurance authorization process for seamless patient experience.
- Participate in departmental and organizational activities to stay current and compliant with Spine Health Center processes.
- Prior work experience in medical setting (preferred)
- Prior experience in hospitality or customer service role (preferred)
- Customer service focused
- Strong problem solving
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of medical insurance authorization process
- Computer Proficient in Word, Excel and department specific software
- HS diploma/equivalent
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."