Coding & Reimbursement Specialist - FT/Days - Predominately Remote
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM006760
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Reimbursement and Coding Specialist is mainly responsible for reviewing contract reimbursement and identifying coding inefficiency and opportunities. The position will also provide training assistance to the client’s staff and our internal PBS Team regarding industry updates. Conduct coding reviews and perform special projects and analyses as directed by Leadership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide professional and courteous service to all customers.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, properly stocked, and secure working area.
- Maintain complete patient/employer confidentiality per company and HIPAA requirements.
- Perform job functions in accordance with current departmental and company Standards, PolicesPolicies, and Procedures.
- Attend and participate in mandatory meetings.
- Accommodate changes in workload within the department.
- Inform leadership when problems may interfere with work being completed on time.
- Use initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through.
- Remain informed of MCMF and private practice financial assistance programs.
Pay Range: $26.21-$38.00
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Current CPC, CCS or RHIT
- Two years of coding experience required
- ICD-10 certified
- Proficiency in utilizing A/R management concepts to assist with identifying and maximizing accounts receivable opportunities
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills are necessary
- Ability to interact effectively, appropriately, and professionally with clients, other departments, and management personnel
- Strong organizational and training abilities
- Professionalism, good judgment, and time management skills are required.
- Medical Billing course completion preferred
- Coding Coursework completion preferred
- High School Diploma required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."