Director, Development (Foundation)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003478
The Director, Development joins a team with unwavering commitment to the mission of the Orange Coast Medical Center Foundation: to work in alignment with MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center to elevate the health of our community and increase the quality and accessibility of health care through leadership and direct investment. This critical mission drives and inspires the Foundation team, creates a shared vision, and encourages strong and enduring relationships.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, Development will be dedicated to maintaining and increasing the pipeline of donors supporting Orange Coast Medical Center. Together with the Vice President of the Orange Coast Medical Center Foundation, the position will serve in a leadership role in the strategic development and execution of all fundraising initiatives, including the further development of a nascent major gifts program for donors who have the capacity to make gifts of $10,000 and above. The Director, Development will manage a portfolio of donors and will have the opportunity to expand the portfolio through a growing grateful patient program and by engaging new donor prospects from the surrounding communities.
Major Activities include:
- Design, implement and direct initiatives for multiple fundraising programs, including annual giving, major gifts, communications, stewardship, and donor relations.
- Maintain and promote relationships with a portfolio of donors and prospects, including grateful patients. Build and grow relationships resulting in larger contributions.
- Diligently manage portfolio to maximize work in the field leading to fundraising revenue
- Transition donors through an effective move’s management program, including identification, cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship stages, and deliver outcomes accordingly.
- Solicit philanthropic support, negotiate gift terms, and ensure that gift agreements are created and followed.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward multiple gifts of $10,000 and above
- Design, implement and direct initiatives for multiple fundraising programs, including annual giving, major gifts, communications, stewardship, and donor relations
- Build relationships with physicians, medical staff and hospital leaders. Guide, lead and coach them to be effective fundraising partners.
- Engage portfolio (as appropriate) as volunteers, enhancing their engagement with the Foundation and utilizing their connection to other donor prospects in the community.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible non-profit fundraising experience and a track record that demonstrates the ability to produce results, particularly in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of acceptable gifts policies and ethical fund development practices, as well as California law governing fund development and professional and public charities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."