Director of Perioperative Services, Full-Time, Days (8hrs)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA002903
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of
The Director of Perioperative Services reports to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is accountable for providing a vision, leadership, and innovation to develop and implement strategies and policies to provide high quality patient care in a cost-effective manner. This job places strong emphasis on the following outcomes: delivery of quality services, applying best practices, creating a highly-effective work unit, developing and retaining excellent clinical personnel, and improving clinical performance. The Director is a change leader in the department and works closely with the medical staff and OCMMC leadership team to deliver quality patient care in compliance with all regulations.
- 5+ years of progressive management experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience and competency in operations improvement, clinical program development, organizational development, and financial management
- Bachelors required, Master preferred
- Current California RN license
- Current BLS for healthcare providers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience in managing issues related to area of responsibility
- Computer / Information system experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements for areas of responsibility (e.g. Joint Commission, CDPH, Conditions of Participation)
- Certification in related field preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."