IS Training Manager
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM005196
MemorialCare's Information Services (IS) Training Team is responsible for developing the knowledge and skills of our workforce. They ensure that our workforce can meet its current and future business objectives and deliver quality services that meet our customers’ needs. They develop and facilitate training strategies and plan initiatives working with clinical, patient access, financial, and/or Analytics/HealthCare Intelligence groups.
The IS Training Manager is responsible for managing a core functional team of IS training professionals to provide ongoing training, deliver on project deadlines, issue resolution, and run-the-business operations while monitoring performance and personnel development. They establish standard work to ensure long-term sustainability, strategic alignment, adherence to governance, and cost effectiveness of proposed department standards.
TheIS Training Managerworks closely with IS Directors and VPs to ensure training needs for various projects are scoped, tasks are clearly defined, issues are logged, escalated and resolved in a timely fashion, and projects are completed on budget and on-time. They communicate appropriately with Directors regarding shared work and dependencies across multiple groups.
As necessary, theIS Training Managerdelegates duties and responsibilities among team members. They foster collaborative and productive relationships among team members and work to build team cooperation despite competing priorities and strong personalities. When necessary they resolve disputes and develop disciplinary paths among team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates professionalism and confidence to be able to regularly interact with senior management and executives on training strategy, planning and operational execution.
- Functions as an advocate and serves as a positive role model for encouraging others to embrace operational changes and transformation associated with IS projects.
- Reviews existing training program; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Holds responsibility for implementation/maintenance of Learning Management System (LMS).
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, instructional design, and training requirements applicable to the organization.
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Partners with Director and/or VP to prepare and implement training budget.
- Manages vendor relationships, support and deliverables working to negotiate terms to best meet MemorialCare’s requirements.
- Oversees team project assignments, defines appropriate resources, monitors training and project schedules, makes adjustments that are within scope of responsibility, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Provides comprehensive planning and associated advocacy to propose appropriate training methods for IS updates, system modifications, and workflow changes that support the business plans of the organization.
- Fosters positive relationships with business leadership and works closely with them to understand future business plans, elicit functional requirements, and identifies and implements training solutions to support business plans.
- Develops staff performance expectations, goals and metrics. Establishes career path goals for each member, performs regularly scheduled evaluations, and provides guidance in development of those goals.
- Holds responsibility for all aspects of managing and leading a team including hiring, developing staff, managing performance and rewarding employees. Establishes an inclusive and innovative culture where each individual feels valued and thrives, inspiring overall team success and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, including superior presentation skills, at all levels internally and externally.
- Established leader with a track record of developing and engaging a strong collaborative team. Approachable and enthusiastic, accessible and visible to the team on a regular basis.
- Validated leadership skills with excellent mentoring and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build trust, foster team development, and employ delegation and facilitation techniques to help teams achieve their highest potential.
- Demonstrated understanding of training processes. Able to collaborate and partner with other subject matter experts and departmental leaders when outside of personal scope of expertise.
- Recognized expert with project management tools and methods; past track record of leading teams to successfully deploy training solutions for projects within scope, time and budget parameters.
- Proven visionary with the ability to meet aggressive timelines using innovative methods.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience with implementing a Learning Management System (LMS) preferred.
- Healthcare operational experience in either acute care or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Epic application experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."