Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
MemorialCare Medical Group is seeking to add an outstanding Nurse Practitioner (NP) to its expanding Adult Home Visit Program in South Orange County area. This program provides care to patients experiencing complex health challenges who are currently unable to visit their primary care physician (PCP). The goals of the program include timely, focused care to improve patient health, quality of life, and the ability to follow-up with a primary care physician in the clinic setting. This home visit program is coordinated on behalf of the patient’s PCP. The Nurse Practitioner will provide frequent updates to the patient’s care team and generate specialty care referrals as needed. The Nurse Practitioner will provide individualized, compassionate care on behalf of the PCP in the home setting, board and care, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities.
MemorialCare Medical Group is a physician-based organization with more than 2,000 employed and affiliated physicians in Orange and Los Angeles counties. MemorialCare Health System is listed among the top 20 percent of health systems nationwide by Thomson Reuters, one of the top 100 integrated healthcare networks nationwide, and the top 10 in the west region by IMS. MemorialCare Health System is the predominant fully integrated health system in the Southern Los Angeles County and Orange County with over 200 locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
In this full-time role, you’ll be working independently to manage and coordinate medically complex patients with regards to the following:
- Provide history and physical as appropriate for each patient
- Effectively identify, evaluate, and address acute and chronic health conditions as well as disease prevention and health promotion issues
- Ability to perform many procedures, including wound closure, I&D, foreign body removal, etc.
- Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals and consultation
- Refer, as necessary certain medically necessary non-emergent hospital and specialty services
- Coordinate and direct appropriate care for patient by means of an initial diagnosis and treatment, obtaining second opinions as necessary and consultation with contracted specialists
- Follow-up on referrals made to specialists to assess the results of the care, medication regimen and special treatment and ensure continuous care
- Establish procedures to contact patients when they miss appointments, require re-scheduling for additional visits, or confirming referrals to a specialist for care
- Coordinate patient referrals for other service
- Submit services with the usual and customary billed charges in a timely fashion, knowledgeable about HCC coding +
- Responsible for a mental health assessment, ruling out mental disorders due to a general medical condition, ruling out substance related disorders and identifying general medical conditions that cause or exacerbate psychological symptoms
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with members and their caregivers in collaboration with clinical staff, PCP’s, specialists, Social Workers, Case Managers, etc.
- Identify the appropriate level of care, i.e., hospitalization, home health, palliative care or hospice.
- Participate in clinical and operational data collection to demonstrate the impact of the program.
2-3 years NP experience in acute care, primary care, prior home health experience +
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (required)
- Active RN license in the State of California (required)
- Current BLS certification (required)
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification in the State of California (required)
- Current DEA license
- Bilingual in Spanish+
Financial & Benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Full and Comprehensive Benefits for Provider and Family
- Benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Malpractice Insurance and Tail coverage
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- 529 College Savings plan
- Generous PTO plan
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.