Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Schedule: Per Diem
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
To be the first reliable point of contact for Patients, Families and Providers. Providing the Simply Better MemorialCare Experience in every interaction with guests and colleagues.
** This position will be working the night shift between the days of Mon-Thurs from 7 PM to 7 AM.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
Maintains working knowledge of the job functions of telephone advice nurse.
Assess and prioritize incoming calls
Act as a resource to other departments.
Deliver the Simply Better MemorialCare Experience in every interaction with Patients, Families, Providers and Colleagues.
Prioritize service and customer experience within each interaction.
Ensure unforgettable guest experiences through unmatched service.
Demonstrates strong guest-focused engagement over the phone, email, and chat.
Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Must be able to multi-task and maintain calm positive demeanor.
Must possess problem resolution and follow through skills.
Knowledge of managed care and the business segments.
Knowledge and ability to schedule reservations for patients/family.
Be at work and be on time.
Follow company policies, procedures and directives.
Interact in a positive and constructive manner.
Prioritize and multitask.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in healthcare setting and/or a broad knowledge base preferably in Adult, Emergency and Pediatrics.
- Must excel in interpersonal communication and patient-centered focus and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must excel in organization and attention to details and follow through.
- Highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate prioritization skills/effective time management, demonstrates initiative and responsibility.
- Must have good listening skills, and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English. This includes the ability to professionally and diplomatically discuss difficult topics while promoting the Company's position.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Minimum of an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current California Registered Nurse license (RN).
- CPR/BCLS for healthcare provider card.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.