Nursing Informatics Specialist
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM004858
The Nursing Informatics Specialist integrates nursing science with multiple information management and analytical sciences to identify, define, manage, and communicate data, information, knowledge, and wisdom. The Nursing Informatics Specialist contributes knowledge from an understanding of nursing/clinical processes and practice standards, clinical informatics systems, patient flow, and operational processes to support the generation and use of data as a foundation for accurate, reliable and clinically meaningful measurements. This role assists others to define healthcare information needs and identifies informatics solutions to support healthcare improvement through information structures, processes and technology, the Nursing Informatics Specialist provides support to the healthcare team, patients, consumers, and other stakeholders in their decision-making in various roles and setting to achieve desired outcomes. The Nursing Informatics Specialist promotes the use of evidence-based clinical practice, and actively participates in initiatives related to the identification of emerging information technologies. #indeed
- Act as a liaison to clinical committees to represent Informatics needs
- Prepare data for regulatory or clinical reporting
- Provide customer service while troubleshooting issues and or re-educating the end-users
- Develop methods for obtaining performance improvement results
- Audit clinical documentation as needed to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- Contribute informatics knowledge to Lean or process improvement team efforts
- Develop curriculum and provide training for developers and end-users
- Licensed healthcare professional and/or State Registered Licensed Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required
- Informatics training or certification required
- Minimum 5 years informatics experience
- Minimum 3 years in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated project management and/or project team leadership experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with, PC software applications, Microsoft Office Products, and word processing required
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and/or information systems within a clinical setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Epic and working knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR) preferred
- Proven experience understanding cross functional clinical workflows, maintained knowledge of clinical applications implemented, and an understanding of how the functionality and patient care practices across the health care settings can be integrated.
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Proven knowledgeable of healthcare information systems, including performance measures for clinical data, quality and outcome metrics, regulatory and accreditation standards (CMS, TJC), and analytics
- Experienced interpretation of PI/Regulatory requirements, validation of data and information for data flow, accuracy, relevancy, and timeliness with proven attention to detail
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities, and work with diverse groups. Ability to effectively analyze, prioritize and multitask
- Demonstrated high energy levels, flexibility, and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity with the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask and react quickly and positively to new or emergent situations
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."