OP Ancilliary/Physician Coder, Remote
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM006450
- Reviews the medical record of all outpatient, ancillary and ancillary recurring hospital encounters to determine the principal diagnosis and procedure and all appropriate secondary diagnoses and procedures
- Using the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9/10) and the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding classification systems, assigns codes to all diagnoses and procedures following applicable coding principals and department guidelines; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system for transmittal to billing system
- Abstracts and codes all required clinical and demographic data for OSHPD (Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development), Quality Management, and Medical Staff; enters information into the Epic Hospital Billing system
- Assigns ICD-9/ I-10 codes to the chief complaint of outpatient diagnosis accounts; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system. Enters CPT codes, as appropriate
- Reviews accounts for coding edits and corrects those edits
- Maintains current knowledge of the most recent ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, the annual changes to the ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes, and the annual changes to the CPT procedure codes. Recognizing that we are in a period of change, the same would be expected for ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure coding, once implemented
- Ensures that the coding units Weekly Accounts Receivable (WAR) goals are met, by meeting the productivity standards established for this position
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1+ year ICD-9/CPT coding experience in an acute care hospital OR successful completion of an accredited coding program
- Successful completion of ICD-10 CM (and PCS preferred) training.
- CCS/CPC-H/RHIT/RHIA required or equivalent in work experience
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."