OP Ancilliary/Physician Coder
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM007646
Title: OP Ancillary/Physician Coder
Location: Fountain Valley, CA (Predominantly Remote)
Shift: Days (8hr)
Pay Range*: $27.26/hr - $39.52/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under the direction of the Manager, Coding Compliance, the OP Ancillary/Physician Coder will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing billing and coding for processing. This role will be responsible for reviewing and accurately coding office, hospital, and surgical procedures for reimbursement. The OP Ancillary/Physician Coder will also be committed to ensuring accurate and compliant medical coding for both inpatient and outpatient services, diagnostic tests, and other medical services rendered to each patient.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Reviews the medical record of all outpatient, ancillary and ancillary recurring hospital encounters to determine the principal diagnosis and procedure and all appropriate secondary diagnoses and procedures
- Using the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9/10) and the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding classification systems, assigns codes to all diagnoses and procedures following applicable coding principals and department guidelines; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system for transmittal to billing system
- Abstracts and codes all required clinical and demographic data for OSHPD (Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development), Quality Management, and Medical Staff; enters information into the Epic Hospital Billing system
- Assigns ICD-9/ I-10 codes to the chief complaint of outpatient diagnosis accounts; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system. Enters CPT codes, as appropriate
- Reviews accounts for coding edits and corrects those edits
- Maintains current knowledge of the most recent ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, the annual changes to the ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes, and the annual changes to the CPT procedure codes. Recognizing that we are in a period of change, the same would be expected for ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure coding, once implemented
- Ensures that the coding units Weekly Accounts Receivable (WAR) goals are met, by meeting the productivity standards established for this position
- Performs other duties as assigned
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- 1+ year ICD-9/CPT coding experience in an acute care hospital OR successful completion of an accredited coding program
- Successful completion of ICD-10 CM (and PCS preferred) training.
- CCS/CPC-H/RHIT/RHIA required or equivalent in work experience
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."