Out-Patient Surgery Coder
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM007637
Title: Out-Patient Surgery Coder
Location: Fountain Valley, CA (Predominantly Remote - Must be based in CA)
Shift: Days (8hr)
Pay Range*: $31.55/hr - $45.74/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Outpatient Surgery Coder abstracts records for submission to various agencies, applies ICD-10-CM codes, applies CPT codes, HCPCS II, applies modifiers, verifies department charges, following all federal and state reporting guidelines for all payers.The outpatient surgery coder will query the physician when documentation clarification is needed. Outpatient surgery records are defined as Surgery, Cardiac Cath Lab, GI Lab, Observation, Infusions, Interventional Radiology and any other non-ancillary records. This is a remote position, requiring on site visits less than 2 time per month.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Has basic office skills and computer knowledge.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, peers and others requiring interactions
- Achieves optimal APC reimbursement
- Meets facility standards for correct diagnoses and procedure code assignment (accuracy goals)
- Meets facility standards for QM data/physician assignment, HCAI required data
- Meets WAR report productivity goals 97% of the time
- Meets productivity requirements of 20 outpatient surgery accounts per day.
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Expert knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT coding, HCPCS II
- Expert knowledge of APC methodology.
- Experience with 3M 360 CAC APC grouper software
- At least one of the following: AHIMA CCS, RHIT, RHIA or AAPC COC required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."