Patient Billing Advocate, Hybrid
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM006603
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Patient Billing Advocate is responsible for providing the highest level and quality while advocating for patients to address out of pocket costs or direct inquiry from insurance. Demonstrates a personal commitment to understanding, meeting and exceeding the needs of fellow employees They are accountable for closing the loop for patient inquiries to our department and reaching out to patients with self-pay balances.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide professional and courteous service to all customers.
- Maintain clean, well-organized, properly stocked and secure working area.
- Maintain complete patient/employer confidentiality per company and HIPAA requirements.
- Perform job functions in accordance with current departmental and company Standards, Polices and Procedures.
- Attend and participate in mandatory meetings.
- Accommodate changes in workload within the department.
- Inform leadership when problems may interfere with work being completed on time.
- Use initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through.
- Remain informed of MCMF and private practice financial assistance programs.
- Minimum 5 (5) years’ experience in patient account billing and collections.
- 2 years of payer billing and compliance guidelines as collection requirement for the State of California.
- General computer skills, including the ability to use the internet and learn other computer applications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of medical terminology and ICD9 coding.
- Working knowledge of general medical office procedure.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects of patient and insurance collections.
- 40 WPM typing, verifiable
- 10 key by touch
- Must have good listening skills and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Medical Billing course completion preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."