Pharmacy Technician PD (On call) Days
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: ORA003400
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Pharmacy Technician, who is an integral member of the Pharmacy Department, shall, under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, assist in the preparation, dispensing, and overall inventory management of all medications and supplies in the Pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician will work independently and in cooperation with all members of the various departments of the Medical Center, to provide a safe, accurate and timely delivery of medications to patients. The Pharmacy Technician shall have the technical ability to utilize and be proficient on the Pharmacy systems and electronic medical records (EMR), and the capacity to follow and maintain records and documentation required by law and in accordance with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center mission and policies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
List of broad job specific functions.
1. Ability to perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive or other non-discretionary tasks, while assisting and under the direct supervision and control of a Pharmacist.
2. Monitor and triage Pharmacy communications.
3. Participates in maintaining inventory management and accurate, efficient recordkeeping.
4. Maintains the integrity of all medications received, stored, prepared, or dispensed from the Pharmacy.
5. Ability to be at work and be on time.
6. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
7. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
8. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in an outpatient, retail pharmacy setting preferred
• Current, valid and cleared California Board of Pharmacy Registered Pharmacy Technician license required.
• Current, valid and cleared Pharmacy Technician certificate (CPhT) preferred.
• Graduated from a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."