Physician Recruiter, Hybrid
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM006610
The Physician Recruiter is responsible for full-cycle recruitment of physicians and advanced health practitioners (nurse practitioners, physician assistants, certified nurse midwives). Partnering with executives and physician leaders, the Physician Recruiter will plan, develop, and implement recruitment strategies to fulfill MemorialCare Medical Group’s provider staffing needs. The Physician Recruitment team is part of the Human Resources department. This is a hybrid position, working from home and at our office in Fountain Valley when needed, and requires occasional travel to various sites across our health system (hospitals, clinics, etc.). Must reside within a reasonable commute of our Fountain Valley Shared Services office.
Essential Job Outcomes
- Executes proactive recruiting strategies that support the business objectives, attract highly qualified candidates, and provide a world-class candidate experience.
- Screens candidates using appropriate interview techniques, provides practice details, and discusses current opportunities.
- Evaluates candidates for fit with MCMG’s core values, culture, and clinical/operational needs.
- Maintains open and responsive communication between the Physician Recruitment team, Human Resources, Foundation Executives, hiring leadership, candidates, and medical directors.
- Strengthens and promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Develops trusted consultative and collaborative relationships to position MemorialCare Medical Group (MCMG) as the employer of choice.
- Identifies the best recruitment activities (internet job boards, conferences, journal advertising) for each medical specialty and creates job descriptions and/or job posting content.
- Delivers a concise, compelling presentation of the employee value proposition and MemorialCare’s integrated delivery system to physician and AHPs.
- Maintains high-touch communication with all viable candidates under consideration for positions; may coordinate and/or facilitate interviews when requested.
- Coordinates candidates’ facility site visits to include meeting with practice managers, key medical staff members, and tours of the clinics or hospitals.
- Builds comprehensive candidate pipelines to support growth initiatives.
- Facilitates the pre-employment and onboarding processes, as well as new provider orientation and physician integration. Includes conducting professional reference checks and scheduling training/shadowing.
- Negotiates job offers, independent contractor and employment agreements. Works with Physician Contracts Administrator and legal counsel, as needed, to assure adherence to guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Develops cost effective and proactive recruitment strategies/campaigns for recruitment of providers including direct mail, advertising, residency programs, state/national medical organization, and specialty meetings, etc.
- Develops recruiting contacts with employment agencies, placement offices, residency, and fellowship programs, etc.
- Negotiates contract agreements with locum tenens when needed.
- Represents MemorialCare with professionalism at events, career fairs, and conferences.
- Maintains and reports key staffing metrics for open requisitions.
- Participates in department projects, LEAN and process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties, as requested and/or assigned.
Pay Range: $88,774.40-$128,710.40
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience preferably in the health care field
- Knowledge of labor laws and benefit administration
- Ability to prioritize against business objective and goals and demonstrate flexibility to change direction as needed.
- Track record of successful recruitment of professional level and/or leadership positions including direct sourcing of candidates for complex, hard to fill positions, advanced sourcing techniques, networking, and use of technology
- Experience in negotiation techniques
- Experience working with sensitive, confidential information and documents
- Demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders and providing full life cycle recruiting services
- Proficiency using an applicant tracking system (Taleo, preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in internet sourcing (e.g., Boolean searches, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Travel up to 25% to MemorialCare locations in southern California required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- AIRS certification or other social media certification preferred
- Human resources professional designations preferred (e.g., SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP)
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."