Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Manager ($5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS) - FT/Nights
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA002682
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager collaborates with other professional disciplines/unit leaders to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. S/he is responsible for facilitation of appropriate length of stay and continuum of care outcomes, through the case management of all systems and services required for an organized, multidisciplinary team approach to care. The RN Case Manager coordinates patient’s care from hospitalization, discharge in collaboration with the healthcare team, to best meet the patients’ physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. The RN Case Manager uses a problem-solving process that includes assessment, problem identification, goal definition, plan development, evaluation, reassessment, and plan revision, and documentation in the patient record to achieve optimum patient outcomes on both an individual and population basis. The success of the department is inherent in the individual’s ability to demonstrate positive, professional communication for quality outcomes and financial targets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Utilizes the UM plan, nursing process and practice standards as a framework for the case management of patient care.
2. Demonstrates leadership in the coordination of patient care across the healthcare continuum with progress toward meeting desired patient outcomes.
3. Demonstrates the ability to utilize effective critical thinking skills.
4. Prioritizes essential functions.
5. Demonstrates the ability to teach, guide and consult with healthcare team members to maintain and improve patient care standards.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation.
7. Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
8. Serves as a role model and mentors new staff members.
9. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by managing and acknowledging patient-family-significant other expectations.
10. Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion.
11. Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
12. Ability to be at work and be on time.
13. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
14. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
15. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Three (3) to five (5) years Acute Care experience in clinical areas and specifically in area of specialization with knowledge of utilization review, discharge planning activities, government and managed care regulations, quality improvement principles and risk management preferred
• Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred.
• Current California RN License required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher preferred
• Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card
• Case Management Certification preferred
• Specialty Certification preferred (Required for RN-Certified, Case Manager
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."