Registration Representative PD, (On Call), OP Admitting
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: ORA002425
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Adheres to department policy of using two patient identifiers.
- Avoids HIPAA violations by choosing correct MRN and interviews, registers, and pre-registers patients timely and accurately in Epic.
- Ensures all registration forms are complete, signed, and scanned. Enters in notes in Epic as required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service using Simply Better and AIDET principles.
- Collects and posts payments timely and accurately. Immediately drops payment in safe or cash drawer.
- Ability to follow company policies, supports department performance improvement activities. (Staff meetings, employee engagement survey, education, and training activities)
- Maintains registration accuracy rate of 95% or better.
- Monitors and manages work queues.
- PBX: answers calls timely, professionally, and routes calls appropriately. Ability to understand and follow all emergency codes and alarm paging protocols.
- Ability to be at work and be on time. Adheres to MHS time and attendance policy.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives. Supports department performance improvement activities. (Meetings, employee engagement survey, education, and training activities)
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- 1-2 years of experience in hospital admitting, physician office, or equivalent healthcare
- Must communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service skills
- General knowledge of insurance payors: PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, & CalOptima
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish, or English/Vietnamese) preferred
- Positive work ethic
- General computer skills required including: electronic medical record and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."