Respiratory Therapist II (NICU), Respiratory Therapy - PT/Nights (12hr)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003143
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner is an allied health professional with demonstrated skills and competency in all required therapeutic and diagnostic cardiopulmonary modlities provided in all areas of the hospital on geriatric, adult, adolescent and pediatric patient populations where Respiratory Care services are provided.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Ability to work as a dependable, informed and engaged member of the department team
- Ability to consistently provide world-class customer service to patients, families, visitors and fellow healthcare providers
- Ability to demonstrate the skill set necessary to accurately assess pulmonary status of patients served
- Ability to collaborate with the patient care team to appropriately establish, evaluate and adjust the plan of care according to patient needs within the scope of practice of the RCP license and policies and procedures of the hospital
- Ability to safely and effectively perform all therapeutic respiratory care modalities in the Respiratory Care scope of service
- Ability to meaningfully participate and contribute to the success of QA and PI projects
- Ability to precept and mentor students, new hires, new grads and other employees
- One (1) year experience in all areas where Respiratory Care is provided to include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, required
- Minimum One (1) year recent NICU experience
- Licensed by the Respiratory Care Board of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), required
- American Heart Association BLS (CPR) Card, required
- PALS Card, required
- ACLS Card, required
- NRP Card, required
- Minimum AS Degree in Respiratory Care or equivalent, preferred
- Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care, preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."