Sr. Epic Analyst, Research Administration
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM005211
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
Members of the MemorialCare clinical research job family, work side by side with our end users to install Epic software, help lead and manage workflow/software changes, and ultimately transform the way that MemorialCare conducts clinical research. MemorialCare's Epic Research Team develops creative strategies to achieve common end goals while collaborating with our end users.
The Sr. Epic Analyst – Research uses their advanced Epic knowledge in all phases of software deployment, from design through implementation to post implementation problem solving. They independently provide an advanced level of operational and application build competence with their focus geared more towards complex and overall large projects. They mentor peers and provide educational/informational sessions to improve workflows, troubleshooting or system design pertaining to the overall team as well as internal implementation processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Apply high-level, specialized Epic Research capabilities to improve processes through design, development and implementation of the Epic system, including development of end user materials
- Initiate, participate, and lead project related efforts and process improvements, as well as provide internal guidance as appropriate
- Demonstrate independent working nature, requiring minimal direction, while collaborating within and across applications
- Work to establish and maintain Research reporting needs as necessary
- Demonstrate use of effective communication and interpersonal relations across staff from all departments, including senior leadership to achieve established goals
- Maintain and expand patient engagement activity through MemorialCare web based and mobile patient portals
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
- Minimum 3 years’ Epic application experience with demonstrated successful hands-on modification projects within Epic Research – Clinical or Epic Research - Billing and its supported operations required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize system tools to meet functionality needs of users including proficiency with information systems technology such as Microsoft Office Products required
- Experienced planning and organizing day-to-day activities, effectively managing more than one task, and meeting established deadlines
- Demonstrated use of effective communication and interpersonal relations to achieve established goals
- Experienced in leading projects, providing forward-thinking consultative guidance and direction on change initiatives, effectively dedicating time across more than one project, and meeting established deadlines
- Proven ability in workflow and data analysis and design techniques, including needs assessment, specification development, quantitative methods, planning and gap analysis
- Past success leading meetings between business stakeholders, technical resources, and third parties for business requirements and technical solutions
- Experienced working with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team, and interacting with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Epic certification required
- Knowledge of Epic Research workflows required
- Epic Research – Clinical or Epic Research – Billing certification preferred; certification required within first year in new role
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."