Surgical Technician I, Main OR, Full-Time, Days (12hrs) ** $3,000 sign-on**
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003746
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion Synergy and Integrity. The employee shall support Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The OR Scrub Tech is responsible for providing surgical assistance in a safe, appropriate and effective manner under the direction of a Registered Nurse/MD, in compliance with the OR Scrub Tech standards of practice. It is not within the scope of practice of the OR tech to perform beyond their stated scope of practice (e.g. assessment, evaluation of patient data, administration of medications), even when requested by a Surgeon. Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to: provision of availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence to aseptic technique, advanced knowledge of surgical procedures and support to patient flow within department. Provides support and communicates directly with surgical team and supervisory staff. The OR tech must use effective oral communication and participate in aspects of documentation. In addition, the OR tech collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job List of broad job specific functions.
1. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform all aspects of surgical techniques/procedures.
2. Prioritizes workload.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation.
4. Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
5. Serves as a role model and assists new staff members.
6. Serves as a preceptor for new employees/students in the scrub role
7. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and or employees.
8. Demonstrates the ability to use good customer service skills by managing and acknowledging patientfamily-significant other expectations.
9. Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion.
10. Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
11. Ability to be at work and be on time
12. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives
13. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Minimum of (1) two years acute care experience required
- Completion of scrub tech program required
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred
- Proficient in medical terminology
- Ability to fulfill the on-call requirement of the department Education List the education licensures or certifications preferred or required to do the job.
- Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers card
- Scrub tech certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."