Systems Analyst (Imaging), Radiology Diagnostic - FT/Days (8hr)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003678
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Imaging Services, Systems Analyst serves as a key onsite resource for implementation and support of medical imaging applications at our facility. Primary responsibilities include performing as the project support for implementing medical imaging systems, administering and supporting Radiology, Breast Center, and PACS, interfaces. This individual also assists in resolving complex issues regarding Radiology applications, coordinates testing and implementation of software releases, assists in developing training tools, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in Radiology. Works directly with medical staff to provide training in various Imaging applications. The Systems Analyst ensures system design, related policies, interface functionality, and clinical processes are coordinated and functioning effectively within the local campus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto routing, prefetching and other related activities. Ensures timely and complete capture of DICOM digital image data into the PACS systems as well as network transmission, RIS validation, and exceptions handling.
- Troubleshoot simple to complex problems including network, DICOM, HL7 and application issues using a structured methodology. Document data collected and findings for internal problem escalations and problem tracking/trending.
- Works closely with Information Services department as part of project teams for mid to large scale projects involving Imaging, Cardiology, or Breast Center.
- Works closely with imaging department quality management personnel to identify and design future needs and efficient workflow processes, which include further integration into operations.
- Acts as liaison between radiology and other departments related to medical imaging.
- Identifies, document and manage current and future equipment installation, changes and decommissions. Maintains an accurate inventory of modalities, workstations, servers and associated equipment.
- Oversees activities of vendors in all phases of installation and implementation of new systems.
- Prepares reports for administration on all aspects of medical imaging operations as appropriate or directed.
- Assist in development of training plans and curriculum. Organizes training sessions and trainers. Assist in delivering training to groups and individuals.
- Perform routine system maintenance as appropriate for each system:
- Resolve or ensure the resolution of QA issues.
- Maintain or ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Monitor system process, hardware and functions to ensure proper operations.
- Participates in all education activities offered to enhance the PACS Admin role.
- Assist in conducting and documenting Root Cause Analysis for system outages and application issues
- Performs on call duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience supporting RIS/PACS systems.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of radiology procedures and technology.
- Working knowledge of patient information management systems and HIPPA regulations.
- Strong technical skills, people skills, personal drive, and ability to see strategy through to execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management or Informatics preferred
- Specialized training in PACS and Radiology Information Systems
- High School diploma required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."