VP, Business Development & Strategic Services
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM005124
As a key member of the MCMF executive team, has overall responsibility for evaluating, planning, developing and executing business development and physician growth strategies for the medical group and IPA divisions of MemorialCare Medical Foundation (MCMF) that are aligned with and support the organization’s mission, vision, values and objectives. Assists the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer with the overall strategic initiatives of MCMF; plans, organizes, develops, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the activities and resources (human, material and capital) necessary for MCMF to achieve its strategic goals either directly through ownership or partnership, including ambulatory surgery center joint ventures, outpatient imaging services, dialysis and physical therapy. Participates in acquisitions including due diligence and negotiations for joint venture, ancillary and provider businesses. #indeed
- Responsible for planning, strategy development and growth of key strategic services of the planning and executing for MCMF businesses.
- Oversees and maintains collaborative and responsive working relationships with key business partners including outpatient surgery, imaging, dialysis, physical therapy, and other potential partners in MCMF ancillary joint ventures.
- Participates in the governance of joint venture partnerships; acts a board member or attendee at each meeting, unless agreed upon delegate is identified.
- Works closely with MCMF leadership team in executive strategic planning activities to identify opportunities for same store growth, new growth or business, key campaigns, specialty growth efforts, and strategic acquisitions.
- Works with contracted physician groups to maintain a proactive relationship to enhance services and cooperation between MCMF, ancillary joint ventures, and physicians.
- Works closely with MemorialCare hospital management teams to achieve clinical, financial, and technological integration across the system for strategic initiatives, enterprise opportunities and where appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the fields of imaging, virtual health services, and ambulatory surgery to anticipate and plan for business, operational and regulatory needs; advises executive team on trends in industry in appropriate areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for leading and directing the activities of specified ancillary service departments. Direct areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center joint ventures
- Outpatient Imaging Services in both MCMG locations and free-standing imaging centers in our joint venture
- Outpatient dialysis centers through our joint venture relationship
- Physical therapy centers, including both in MCMG sites and free-standing
- New growth ventures
- Partners with operations for regulatory impact planning, implementation.
- Evaluates current and future trends in areas across MCMF to ensure we have best practice technology and services in place to meet patient and provider expectations timely and efficiently.
- Ensures that needs for maintenance of high-quality clinical capabilities and outstanding service are met or exceeded, to maintain and improve market competitiveness.
- Evaluates and recommends new technology for areas of responsibility. Develops case presentation for technology replacement and upgrades.
- In collaboration with the Legal Department, oversees, maintains and drafts (as needed) Professional Services and Management contracts and/or agreements for ancillary joint venture partnerships and other acquisitions.
- Participates in key system and hospital committees as needed to ensure integration.
- Works closely with senior and regional medical directors for each entity to ensure that services are provided in the most efficient and safe manner.
- Develops pro forma and ROI analysis for new joint venture and other new business partnerships to evaluate the business venture’s profitability.
- Monitors growth and overall profitability of all ancillary business ventures; works closely with CFO on anticipating capital needs and business strategies.
- Responsible for capital and operating budgets for all areas of responsibility; evaluates capital needs, prepares justification and ROI assumptions for approval; reviews, selects, and approves final equipment selection based on recommendation from appropriate evaluation team.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. degree in a healthcare field, Master’s degree strongly preferred. Ten (10) years progressive leadership experience in a healthcare setting, with five (5) years knowledge/experience in business development activities in a leadership role and five (5) years progressive operational experience in key ancillary service areas, such as laboratory, imaging, and surgery centers.
- Understanding and comprehension of current regulatory requirements for areas of responsibility. These include, but are not limited to: Department of Public Health including Title XXII and XVII, College of Pathology regulatory compliance, Stark Regulations, HIPAA law, California Business and Profession Law.
4. Special Skills/Equipment:
- Evidence of leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, plan, and execute change.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Strong fiscal management.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to resolve complex regulatory and operational issues.
- Ability to motivate and lead team of highly educated and skilled direct reports.
- Ability to use the necessary software systems needed to evaluate data, produce effective presentations, etc.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."