Clinical Dietitian II PD
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: SAD005386
Title: Clinical Dietitian II PD
Location: Laguna Hills
Department: Adult Nutrition
Status: Per Diem
Pay Range*: $40/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
To provide routine and specialized clinical nutrition services to patients, clients and the community. To communicate between food production personnel, patients and families/caregivers, physicians, and hospital staff to ensure accurate, appropriate, cost effective, high quality nutritional care delivery in accordance with Food & Nutrition Department standards, policies and procedures. The clinical dietitian II spends the majority of the assigned time with patients requiring specialized knowledge and certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Assess, plan and monitor the nutritional status of hospitalized patients.
2. Provides specialized level nutrition care to meet the demand of high acuity patient in corresponding specialized area.
3. Communicates and documents the nutrition plan of care using the Nutrition Care Process.
4. Plans and monitors nutrition support activities.
5. Plans and provides nutritional counseling/education to inpatients, outpatients, and groups.
6. Organizes, prioritizes, and multitasks to achieve expected productivity.
7. Communicates with health care team, public, management and others regarding nutrition topics.
8. Monitor and support diet technician and diet office activities.
9. Attends department specific education/training, in services, staff meetings
10. Participates in department specific performance improvement projects, and provides input to improve departmental operations, equipment, and supply needs
11. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
12. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
13. Ability to be at work and be on time.
14. Ability to follow company policies, procedures, and directives
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
• Three years’ experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care setting preferred
• Current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
• Expertise in normal and therapeutic nutrition, medical terminology and abbreviations; nutritional assessment and care planning; nutrition counseling and verbal and written communication.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics in Food and Nutrition granted from an accredited college or university.
• Master’s Degree in Nutrition or allied health profession preferred
• Completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics or advanced degree with ACEND qualifying experience
• CDR Credentialed Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
• Specialty Certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."