Director, Community Advocacy & Physician Relations
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Job Listing: SAD003572
The Director of Community Advocacy and Physician Relations serves as an internal advisor as well as the hospital resource for relationships with local officials as well as community leaders. The position is accountable to further the mission, initiatives and goals of SMC and will be dedicated to diplomatically creating awareness, building positive relationships and generating support for SMC’s aspirations. This seasoned professional will be an accomplished communicator and a persuasive, polished and skillful diplomat.
Under the direction of the VP, Business Development the Director, Community Advocacy and Physician Relations supports physician sales and growth plans of all product line business development teams
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents SMC on key local health care organizations and committees.
- Represents SMC working directly with local elected and appointed officials and their staff members, to build and foster positive relationships and advocate public policy supporting SMC.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for SMC senior leadership to participate on community boards and organizations.
- Leads SMC advocacy communication.
- Initiates meetings with local government officials and community leaders.
- In collaboration with campus leadership, develop and implement comprehensive community outreach programs.
- Represent SMC on key local City health care organizations and committees
- Prepare appropriate written material and make verbal presentations to explain the mission, programs and needs of SMC to various appropriate organizations and individuals.
- Keeps abreast of the announcements and actions of public interest organizations and their possible effects on our Organization.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with identified current and potential referring physicians and their office staff through frequent direct contact and strong relationship building.
- Serves in a lead capacity to troubleshoot service matters, support of departmental initiatives and team members
- Maintains knowledge of practice referral patterns, gathers market intelligence and implements strategies to capture business and establish loyalty with identified physicians
- Responsible for contacting, welcoming and orienting new physicians to SMC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of five years of sales experience
- Experience in traditional, electronic and web-based sales strategies
- Proven track record of successful account management/sales in healthcare
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Sales/ Business Development or related field preferred
- Current California Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."