Location: Laguna Hills, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: SAD005292
Title: Echocardiograph Technologist
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Department: Non-invasive Cardiology
Status: Per Diem
Pay Rate*: $50.00/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Echocardiograph Technologist performs routine and emergency echocardiographic diagnostic procedures on neonatal through geriatric patients including competency in performing echocardiogram/Doppler studies, stress echocardiograms with and without contrast, transesophageal echocardiograms, dobutamine stress echocardiograms, intraoperative echocardiograms and echo guided pericardiocentesis. This position provides clinical expertise in echocardiography as mentors/preceptors to staff. The Echocardiograph Technologist must maintain skills through participation in an appropriate continuing education program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Provides education to the patient and family
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in performing adult and pediatric echocardiograms
- Demonstrates the ability to competently perform all other cardiac diagnostic procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to competently process documentation/perform clerical duties
- Address the age specific needs of population served
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum 1-year experience with adult and pediatric cardiac sonography with formal training preferred
- Graduate of an Accredited Ultrasound Program preferred
- Certification from one of the following programs-Adult and Pediatric Certification required:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Cardiac Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required
- Certificate in Cardiovascular Technology required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."