Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Coordinates services, to facilitate a smooth transition from medical facility to Hospice or Palliative Services. Promotes continuity of care between medical facility, physician and home. Educates and assesses patients referred to hospice/palliative program to ensure hospice criteria is met and informed decisions regarding participation in hospice are made. Facilitates prompt and appropriate delivery of Hospice/Palliative patient care in accordance with Medicare Conditions of Participation , in Orange ,Long Beach and surrounding LA areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Establish positive & constructive working relationship with referral sources, with employees and physicians of medical center, skilled nursing facility and home care department and with patients and families.
- Educate patient, family, staff, physicians and other referral sources regarding Hospice and Palliative coverage and services available after discharge to insure appropriate level of care and utilization of services.
- Provides agency management with information related to areas of potential growth and methods of improving relationships with medical facilities, referral sources and the community.
- Accepts and coordinates agency referrals and assesses patients to determine level of care and admission criteria appropriateness, documents pertinent information clearly and accurately according to hospice & palliative guidelines. Prioritize and multitask.
- Actively participate in Hospice activities including in-services, performance improvement and appropriate committees.
- Maintains standards of productivity
- Be at work on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
Essential Job Outcomes
- Assist prospective patient/family in making informed decisions regarding Hospice and or Palliative care via assessment and education.
- Establish initial plan of care with Patient/family/IDT and establish realistic goals of care.
- Completes Liaison, Marketing contacts and documents appropriately.
- Evaluate level of comprehension/response to treatment plan and modify as needed
- Documentation meets timeliness standards as set by the agency.
- Meets productivity standards as set by the agency.
- Meets goals of the CAHPS score
- “Other duties as assigned”
- Current California RN license in CA
- BSN Preferred
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification preferred
- Minimum of one-year experience in acute care setting or as a case manager, discharge planner or similar position in an acute care setting. Able to provide direct patient care activities, such as transferring and positioning adult patients, perform basic clinical skills. Hospice experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to relate to variety of health professionals in different settings
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Basic computer knowledge, functionality and use
- Goal oriented, self-starter, and self-motivated.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.