Lead, Food Service - FT/Variable
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Job Listing: SAD004144
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Lead position is to provide back-up supervision for the department when scheduling of Supervisors cannot provide full coverage to adequately supervise employees. Collaborates with the Manager and Supervisors to coordinate, monitor, and control all Food and Nutrition Department operations including Cafeteria, Kitchen, Catering, Physician Lounge, Tray Line, Dish room, and Storeroom. Assures that all operations are conducted according Saddleback Memorial Medical Center and Food and Nutrition Department policies and procedures. Responsibilities include supervising all employees in the performance of their duties, conducting on the job training and maintaining safety and sanitation standards.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Open and close department.
- Follow departmental money handling procedures.
- Supervise employees in the department.
- Monitor tray line, cafeteria, and catering for timely delivery of services.
- Monitor safety, sanitation, and security practices.
- Prepare paperwork according to assignments.
- Assist in planning and implementation of work redesign of efficiency and quality.
- Evaluate and counsel employees in the absence of a supervisor.
- Use the hospital computer system.
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes
- Consistently applies infection control policies/procedures
- Attends department specific education/training, in-services, staff meetings
- Department specific performance improvement project
- Open and close department
- Follow departmental money handling procedures
- Supervise employees in the department
- Monitor tray line, cafeteria, and catering for timely delivery of services
- Monitor for 100% reg compliance of safety, sanitation, & security practices
- Prepare paperwork according to assignments
- Assist in planning and implementation or work redesign for efficiency and quality
- Evaluate and counsel employees in the absence of the supervisor
- “Other duties as assigned”
Ability to communicate in English both written and verbal.
2 years previous restaurant or acute care hospital foodservice experience.
One year of quantity food preparation experience required.
High School diploma or GED
ServeSafe Certification or obtain within the first 90 days of hire.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."