Lead Scrub, OR Technician, Surgery Services - Full-Time, Evenings (12hrs) **Eligible for a sign-on**
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Job Listing: SAD003837
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
A certified Surgical Technician is responsible for an OR service line or multiple departmental duties supporting services. Can be at work and be on time; participates in morning huddle; shares key information. Can follow company policies, procedures and directives. Can interact in a positive and constructive manner and able to prioritize and multitask. Accountable for educational assignments, payroll practices, and e-mail communication.
- Leads a service line; communicates with key surgeons regarding needed supplies, equipment, and preference cards.
- Communicates with OR team in staff meetings and in morning huddle regarding equipment or other improvements or changes.
- Stellar, role-model performance as a surgical technician; reviews case carts; counts with RN per policy; participates in time out; communicates professionally during briefing and de-briefing.
- Facilitates on time starts and turn-around time
- Works proactively with SPD and OR leaders for needed equipment and supplies
- Maintains preference cards for assigned service line
- Acts as a mentor to new surgical technicians by providing education, insight and support.
- Experience and expertise in multiple surgical specialties
- Ability to scrub multiple specialties
- CST Certified Surgical Technician Required
- BLS from American Heart Association
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."