Monitor Tech, Observation Care, Per Diem, Days (12hrs)
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: SAD004475
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Monitor Technician (MT) is responsible for monitoring/interpretation of cardiac rhythm monitored patients and for coordinating communication activities between caregivers, departments, patients, and visitors. The MT is accountable for accurate maintenance of the patient’s paper medical record. Assists health care providers in the function of order entry, and navigating the patient’s electronic healthcare record in accordance with position security level. The MT also assists Patient Flow Coordinator/House Supervisors/Charge Nurse in the coordination of patient admission, transfer, and discharge activities. The MT will also assist in patient admission, transfer, discharge flow processes, and for providing the most basic of patient care including data collection, personal hygiene, and assistance with activities of daily living.
The MT understands and supports the organization’s Strategic Plan, Lean Initiatives for Continuous Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, and Patient Centered Care.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform assigned activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate smooth and efficient unit operations
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform order management activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform activities related to admission, transfer and discharge.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently use equipment in the delivery of patient care and assures equipment is operational.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain an accurate, legally sound and complete paper medical record.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage patient/family concerns and questions related to patient care/operations.
- Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion in order to maintain good relations with others.
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to be at work and be on time.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures, and directives.
One year acute care experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Telemetry trained with demonstrated competency in interpretation of EKG rhythms upon hire preferred.
Medical terminology background preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."