Pathology Admin/Technician - Part Time/Evenings - Laguna Hills
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Job Listing: SAD003946
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
This position is responsible for assisting Pathology management with the maintenance of documentation to ensure compliance to current state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines as well as operate in the most efficient manner possible. Assist with communication to staff in a timely and efficient manner. Provide technical assistance and support in Anatomic Pathology.
Essential Job Outcomes
1. Consistently applies infection control according to OSHA policies and procedures.
2. Participates in department specific education and trainings.
3. Facilitates follow through on any unusual occurrence reports in a timely manner to ensure quality, safety, and customer complaints are all addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Maintains and organized documentation system to aid in the facilitation of document retrieval, confidentiality, and adherence to state / federal / and College of American Pathologists (CAP).
5. Preforms Pathology Technician tasks.
6. Preforms Administrative tasks.
7. “Other duties as assigned”.
Pay Range: $22.64 - $32.82
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
• 3 years’ experience in Pathology Department preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."