Phlebotomist - PD/Varies (8hrs) - Laguna Hills
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: SAD004637
To collect venous and/or capillary blood from patients in an accurate setting for analysis in the laboratory. To process specimens for laboratory analysis. In conjunction with other members of the Inpatient phlebotomy team. Coordinates activities to ensure timely collection and processing of laboratory specimens. Specimen processing does not require on-site supervision.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Obtains blood specimens accurately, efficiently, and safely by venipuncture or capillary puncture in prompt and timely manner according to established guidelines.
- Follows all steps to insure proper identification of the patient.
- Appropriately assesses geriatric, neonatal or pediatric needs and proceeds accordingly.
- Obtains blood cultures with proper sterile technique.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to flex into other laboratory subsections as trained.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to the Laboratory and Hospital Compliance Plans. Follows the MHS Code of Conduct.
- Address the age specific needs of all populations served.
- Follow company policies, procedures, and directives.
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Prioritize and multitask.
Pay Rate: $22.00/hr
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- 3 - 5 years of hospital Laboratory experience preferred
- Neonatal experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- California State Phlebotomy Certificate I or II (Phlebotomy II - can not perform arterial sticks in this position)
This variable shift also includes working holidays and weekends. It will be mainly either Day shift or PM shift.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."