Registered Nurse (RN II), Observation Care, FT/Nights (12hrs) - Saddleback ** $5,000 sign-on**
Laguna Hills, California
Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values:
Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN, Clinical Nurse II is responsible for directing, delivering, and coordinating nursing care for the observation and/or outpatient surgical patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Observation Care Unit. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care, interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan, MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, and psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcome in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcome. The RN must participate in the call rotation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Utilizes the nursing process and practice standards as a framework for the management of patient care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine a nursing diagnosis and appropriate interventions.
- Demonstrates leadership in the coordination of patient care across the healthcare continuum with progress towards meeting desired patient outcome.
- Delegates to licensed and unlicensed personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation.
- Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs, and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching plan as necessary.
- Serves as a role model and mentors new staff members.
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
- Identifies, develops and implements an action plan for self-development/professional growth that also includes peer review.
- Identifies subtle as well as obvious patient problems and reports to an appropriate resource person considering multidisciplinary team members and/or Chain of Command.
- Addresses the age specific needs of all populations served: adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to be at work and be on time.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures, and directives.
Pay Range: $44.48 - $69.74
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- One-year acute care experience in Peri-Anesthesia or Medical Surgical or Ambulatory required. In lieu of this experience, consideration will be made for staff with strong education and associated experiential background.
- Current CA RN license required
- Current BLS required
- Current ACLS required
- Current PALS required
- EKG certified required
- Current CMSRN, CPAN, or CAPA preferred
- NIH preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing preferred
- BSN preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.