Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support MemorialCare Medical Centers’ strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
This position is responsible for providing oversight to the Stroke Program and requires the understanding of- and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. Responsibilities include meeting and sustaining the requirements for Stroke Center Certification by ensuring compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) standards of care and the stroke center’s growth.
- Provides oversight for the Stroke Program.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in diagnosis, management, and evaluation of actual or
potential needs of patients and families in this patient population.
- Oversees data management and analysis as it pertains to performance improvement and growth of the Program.
- Functions as a change agent to improve patient care.
- Guides staff members in gaining and retaining clinical knowledge and skills.
- Serves as a resource to facilitate problem-solving and decision-making skills as it pertains to the
- Knowledge of current research, and strength in translating research into practice.
- Promotes a collaborative practice environment.
- Serves as liaison between Facility and regulatory agencies as it pertains to Stroke-Neurology Receiving Center
- Develops and implements ongoing program-specific education.
- Involved with Community Outreach for stroke awareness and prevention.
- Meets and sustains the requirements for local and national (OCEMS, The Joint Commission) Stroke Center Certification.
- Be at work andbe on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Requires strong working knowledge of Stroke Program management and development, performance improvement tools and methodologies, and effective analytical, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to direct projects and assist with team building. Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred
Critical Care Experience or Stroke Program Experience required
Previous clinical educator experience preferred
Experience with Data Registries and Quality Improvement tools preferred
Strength in quality improvement theory, change theory, adult learning principles, and team building
Knowledgeable of current research and strength in translating research into everyday practice
Effective problem solving skills
Ability to relate to a variety of professionals in all skill levels of nursing
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelors degree in nursing required, MSN or NP preferred
Current CA RN license
Current BLS and ACLS
Current CCRN or Stroke Certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.