Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The RN, Front Line Supervisor is responsible for operational issues of the patient care department during their assigned shift. The RN, Front Line Supervisor is responsible for directing and coordinating all operations of the department according to the policies, procedures, standards and standard work that guide the processes for the assigned department. Responsibilities include the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of individuals and processes for the department to ensure consistent high-quality, cost-effective patient care. The RN, Front Line Supervisor has the responsibility to manage material and labor resources as defined in the departmental annual budget. The success of the department is inherent in the incumbent's ability to demonstrate positive, professional communication with patients, families, physicians, departmental and interdepartmental staff to optimize workflow and to facilitate problem identification and resolution.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
List of broad job specific functions.
- Models an interdisciplinary approach and collaborates with physician partners to achieve optimal operational efficiency.
- Supports MemorialCare initiatives.
- Promotes the advancement of the profession of nursing.
- Foster employee engagement, inspiring loyalty and leading by example.
- Creates a supportive and healthy work environment through clinical and administrative leadership and expertise.
- Embraces a Lean mindset and utilizes the plan - do - study - act (PDSA) performance improvement model.
- Fosters a culture of safety by assessing, applying appropriate interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of those outcomes.
- Creates and environment that supports and enhances service excellence and the Patient and Family Experience.
- Ensure accountability to achieve financial targets through daily management activities.
- Promotes and participates in activities designed to support organizational excellence and growth.
- Demonstrates active support of the Journey to nursing excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Outcomes
Section II of the CAT. Specific job-related responsibilities and duties.
- Physicians as Partners – Demonstrates effective communication and behaviors that support team work in a professional manner.
- Governance and Leadership – Contributes to and supports the strategic planning process.
- People and Culture – Demonstrates behaviors that align with our core values and support a positive work environment.
- Quality and Value – Embraces a Lean mindset and utilizes the plan-do-study-act (PDSA) performance improvement model; fosters a culture of safety.
- Financial Resilience – Demonstrates appropriate management of department and organizational resources (i.e. time, supplies, equipment, staffing)
- Market Differentiation and Growth - Promotes and participates in activities designed to support organizational excellence and growth. Demonstrates Active support of the continued Journey to Nursing Excellence.
- Unit Specific Competency - Demonstrates job specific competencies on the Acute Medical Unit.
List the minimum experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required to do the job.
- Two years’ experience required in an area of similar clinical expertise
- Supervisor and/or nursing leadership experience preferred
List the education licensures or certifications preferred or required to do the job.
- Current California RN license
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Specialty certification preferred
- Current NIHSS certification required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.