Specialty OR Scrub Technician, Main OR PT/Days (12hrs) - Saddleback **$3, 000 sign-on**
Location: Laguna Hills, California
Job Listing: SAD004783
The Specialty OR Technician is responsible for providing surgical assistance in a safe, appropriate and effective manner under the direction of a Registered Nurse/MD, in compliance with the Specialty OR Technician standards of practice. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to: provision of availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence to aseptic technique, advanced knowledge of surgical procedures and support to patient flow within department. Provides support and communicates directly with surgical team and supervisory staff. This position uses effective oral communication and participate in aspects of documentation. In addition, this position collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform all aspects of surgical techniques/procedures.
- Serves as a role model and assists new staff members.
- Serves as a preceptor for new employees/students in the scrub role
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and or employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to use good customer service skills by managing and acknowledging patient-family-significant other expectations.
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion.
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
- Ability to be at work and be on time.
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
- Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Collaborates with the healthcare team in coordination of the patient/procedure instrument processing.
- Assists the department with information and case readiness.
- Demonstrates clinical competency through positive behavior, effective communication, reliability, clinical proficiency and accountability
- Demonstrates clinical leadership through positive role modeling, effective communication, clinical expertise and credible decision making
- Demonstrates safe and competent use of equipment for patient care
- Collaborates positively with team to coordinate patient/procedure activities.
- Supports and facilitates efficient/effective change processes
- Supports service/unit on a daily basis and seeks opportunities for improvement/expansion
- Attends department specific education/training, in-services, staff meetings
- Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently provide care in emergency situations
- Assist with updating instrument list and doctor preference cards
- “Other duties as assigned”
Pay Range: $30.34 - $43.98
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Graduate from Accredited Surgical Technician program, 2 years acute hospital OR experience, professional certification.
- Minimum of (2) two years acute care experience required
- Completion of scrub tech program required
- Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers card required
- Scrub Tech Certification preferred
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred
- Proficient in medical terminology
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."