Child Life Assistant, Child Life - FT/Days (8hr)
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: MIL001821
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Child Life Assistant is responsible for conducting planned daily activities to further the social emotional, intellectual and physical development of pediatric patients and their siblings to reduce the traumatic effects of illness and hospitalization.
NOTE: This position is scheduled to start late February 2021
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Plans and supervises therapeutic, developmental group and bedside activities to help patients adjust to and cope with hospitalization.
- Assists Child Life Specialists as needed in providing support and preparation for medical experiences.
- Maintains accurate documentation and performs required clerical duties as assigned.
- Contributes to team and patient conferences. Participates in training and supervising child life students and volunteers.
- Assists Child Life staff in identifying and providing the educational needs for hospital personnel and the community regarding psychosocial and developmental issues.
- Participates in department Performance Improvement and/or LEAN projects.
- Assists with coordinating special events and donations accordingly.
- Completion of Child Life Internship preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Child Development or related field preferred.
- Working toward Child Life certification preferred.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BCLS) certification required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."