Coordinator, Quality Peer Review (LVN/RN), Quality Assurance - PD/Days
Location: Long Beach, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: LON008269
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions:
- Conduct primary or secondary screening of patient care variances to identify those cases warranting physician review.
- Evaluate variance of montioring functions to identify those meeting criteria for physician review (mortality, morbidity, blood usage, infection, adverse drug reactions, unusual occurrences).
- Initiate periodic physician review of screening criteria to validate currency, relevance and appropriateness.
- Coordinates statistical process review of selected diagnoses and procedures for medical staff review.
- Initiate referral process to the appropriate medical staff peer review group in coordination with medical staff coordinator:
- Prepare individual case referrals for physician review with appropriate supporting, background documentation.
- Work through medical staff coordinator to facilitate timely referrals, initiate measures to promote a thorough physician review with an objective outcome.
- Attend multidisciplinary medical staff peer review committee meetings as cases are presented and reviewed.
- Enter outcomes of physician peer review into appropriate software system.
- Provide summary reports to medical staff committees, as well as physician specific reports for credential committee and physician profiles.
- Liaison with Quality Department and External Payors as needed to orchestrate response to quality issues identified by external payors.
- Disseminate information in a timely manner to applicable individuals.
- Assist with continuous readiness activities.
- Consistently applies infection control policies/procedures.
- Meets population specific competencies.
- Attends department education/training in-services.
- Participates in specific performance improvement projects.
- Perform data management activities/documentation.
- Utilizes appropriate applications such as QualCare, Crimson, Excel, etc.
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
- Minimum three years experience in acute hospital stting
- CA issued RN license preferred, LVN CA licensure required
- Previous UR/QA/QI/RM/Case Management experience
- Knowledge of various agencies and regulations pertaining to TJC, CMS, CDPH, CCS, Medi-Cal, IMQ, etc.
- Expertise with computer applications/software ie. Excel, Crimson, etc.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."