Coordinator, SPD/MDC Shift, Sterile Processing, Full-Time, Evenings (8hrs)
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON007984
The SPD/MDC Shift Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision of all instrumentation processing and distribution. Overseeing performance of Technicians I, Technicians II Senior Clerk III. Ensures the daily standard work is followed, proper operation of different types of sterilization and personnel productivity, adherence to policies and procedures in the department. Overseeing the J.I.T staff members and working closely with AUM's on daily issues.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Supervises staff, daily job tasks and work priorities.
- Trains and schedules staff employees. Oversees performance management of staff.
- Communicates with Nursing Services, Medical Staff, Ancillary and SPD employees requesting technical information, ordering and service.
- Establishes inventory supply levels and maintains instruments, equipment tray accessories, medical and surgical back-up inventory.
- Adheres to regulatory standards regarding infection control, safety, specifically pertaining to SPD job functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- International Association of Hospital Central Service Management (IAHCSM) Technician certification is required
- Prior Supervisory experience in sterile processing or operating room is preferred
- 3 years of supervisory or lead experience preferred
- Associate's Degree preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."