Director, Development, Miller Women's & Children Hospital
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: MIL002730
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development for Miller Children's and Women's Hospital (MCWH) and in alignment with the leadership, strategy and plans of the Foundation, as well as the development and major gift programs, the Director of Development, MCWH actively manages a portfolio of 60 - 80 major gift prospects, proactively cultivating their relationship with the hospital and actively seeking and soliciting major and planned gifts. The position will also be the liaison with assigned hospital specialties and their associated physicians, clinicians and managers, as well as having a deep understanding of their programs and needs. All fundraising activity at the Foundation must be aligned with the hospital's strategic and operating plans.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Supports and operationalizes the mission statement, vision and values of the MCWH and MMCF and ensures that these elements are incorporated into his/her respective role.
- At all times and with all audiences seeks to strengthen and promote the reputation, mission, and programs of MCWH and MMCF.
- In alignment with the leadership, strategy and plans of the Foundation and overall development and major gift programs, the Director of Development, Miller Children's and Women's Hospital (MCWH) actively researches, evolves and manages a portfolio of 60 - 80 major gift prospects, actively cultivating authentic and purposeful relationships with them toward the goal of soliciting and securing major and planned gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Works collaboratively with other development officers to cultivate major and planned gifts from prospects that are not in their assigned portfolio.
- Works collaboratively with Foundation and Hospital colleagues to support and advance the mission of the hospital and the mission and goals of the Foundation.
- Works to become deeply knowledgeable of the hospital's mission, the case for support, and the operations and personnel of assigned programs and specialties.
- Participates in the major gift and prospect tracking systems in the Foundation's Constituent Management System, diligently recording contacts, notes and other germane information, and helping to ensures the accuracy and security of the donor and constituent files and database, especially as they relate to major gifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum 5-years of successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in the non-profit healthcare arena with emphasis on major donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the Foundation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas.
- Successful experience in prospecting and identifying new donors as well as developing, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of achieving budget.
- Understanding of, and competency in, Moves Management process required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Professional credentials or advanced degrees are desirable.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."