Executive Director, Neonatal and Children’s Heart Institute Service Lines
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: MIL002382
The position reports to the CNO with matrixed reporting to the VP Strategy and Business Development, broader executive team, and MemorialCare Shared Services executives colleagues as well. Within that context, directs, controls and is accountable for assigned Service Lines (Neonatal, and Children’s Heart Institute Service Lines) in collaboration with their physician dyad partners across the integrated service line model. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development, and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Responsible for providing business integration, operational leadership and for planning, developing, and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned area. Duties also include execution on USN&WR submissions utilizing gap analysis.
Responsible for physician alignment including physician alignment models and adoption as applicable to Miller Children’s Outpatient Clinics and academic affiliation(s). Also responsible for special projects as assigned related to physician office space and integration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in collaboration with executive team and physician dyad partner to plan, develop, implement and evaluate patient care programs, services and practice models including identification of business objectives, capital and other resource needs, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner for strategy, business, and program development initiatives.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes, and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
- Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors proforma models, operating and capital budgets, and product line profitability
- Develops strategic and long-range plans, within the context and framework of the overarching MHS / LBMC / MCWH strategic plan, for the effective implementation and operation of specific patient care programs and associated activities in collaboration with system service line leaders.
- Directs recruitment, training, and evaluation of personnel in collaboration with hospital.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner to support continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships.
- Represents the network service line on the applicable Strategic Plan and works with other team members to plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- In alignment with established strategic initiatives, creates effectives outreach programs to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
- Implements physician alignment strategy including physician alignment models and adoption as applicable to Miller Children’s Outpatient Clinics and academic affiliation(s).
- Also responsible for special projects as assigned related to physician office space and integration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, BSN preferred
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."