Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Rheumatology - FT/Days w/ Sign on $3,500 - Long Beach
Long Beach, California
Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Position Summary The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for caring for patients in the ambulatory setting by assisting in the collection of subjective and objective data, recognize problems or abnormal conditions specific to the patient and perform a psychosocial assessment using active listening, verbal communication, and non-verbal communication. The LVN will contribute to the development of the patient plan of care and will implement, under the direction of a physician, AHP, or RN, only those parts of the plan of care that are within the LVN scope of practice.
Essential Job Outcomes
- Meet ambulatory nursing clinical competencies for LVN licensure.
- Demonstrate understanding and adhere to the Scope of Practice based on role/licensure/education.
- Identify improvement opportunities, implement countermeasures and escalate to appropriate management resource as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge. Capability to perform all assigned nursing functions and competencies to float to all clinical roles within scope of licensure.
- Collaborate with all departments to coordinate patient care.
- Ensure documentation is accurate, complete and timely; reflecting patients’ plan of care.
- Provide clear direction to all members of the care team to support the plan of care while maintaining the responsibility and accountability for the delivery of ambulatory nursing care.
- Demonstrate continued development of clinical expertise, current knowledge of healthcare trends and education related to ambulatory nursing practice.
- Participate in processes that improve Standards of Care and practice in the delivery of ambulatory nursing care.
- Implement a teaching plan with patient, family and/or caregiver(s) as necessary.
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge and ability.
- “Other duties as assigned”.
Pay Range: $24.95 - $36.19
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
• 1 - 2 years prior nursing experience in ambulatory care environment preferred. Rheumatology experience preferred.
• Current California LVN License with IV Certification required
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.