Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Schedule: Per Diem
Title: Nurse Practitioner (NP II)
Location: Long Beach
Department: Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery and Cardiovascular Care
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Days (12 hours)
Pay Range*: $72.24 - $90.48
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Nurse Practitioner (NPII) practices as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team using standardized procedures to independently examine, diagnose and treat patients in collaboration with supervising physician(s).
The incumbent supports management in achieving a high quality program for specific patient populations, for both clinical outcomes and customer service in an efficient manner. The NP II is knowledgeable of the latest clinical trends, best practices, regulatory requirements and reimbursement patterns for patients in the specialty program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
Expert Clinical Practice and Collaboration
- Independently examines, diagnoses, orders diagnostic studies and treatment for patients using approved standardized procedures. Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and changes treatment as indicated.
- Provides direct patient/indirect care.
Specialty Care Development
- Identifies ideas and insights into clinical improvements for specialty patient population.
- Ensure that queries generated by medical records regarding the accuracy of documentation have an appropriate response.
- Monitor and manage the patient progression through hospitalization.
- May oversee the accurate collection and entry of data specific to patient population. May prepare or oversee the preparation of reports regarding specialty care.
- Reviews clinical outcomes, progression of care, and financial indicators with appropriate Medical Directors and other specialty physicians.
- May provide education for members of the interprofessional team regarding special needs in the care of specialty patient population.
- Acts as a consultant to other CareLines, service lines, BPTs on specialty specific patient care needs.
Quality Improvement and Research
- Recommends, supports, participates or leads quality improvement initiatives regarding specialty care.
- Should participate as an investigator, co-investigator in research studies specific to patient population.
- Participates as requested in peer review activities.
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Three to five years of experience with cardiovascular patient population. May be a new graduate NP with appropriate experience as a cardiovascular RN, however an experienced CV NP is preferred.
- MSN with Certification as an ACNP or AGANP from the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification
- Current license to practice as an NP, State of California and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License, State of California
- DEA License, PECOS number
- Current BCLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.