Patient Care Assistant, Step Down Unit - FT/Nights (12hr) - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON010244
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under direct supervision of licensed personnel, the Patient Care Assistant is responsible for performing activities of daily living for patients and generally assist with the unit activities that support patient care in the Step-Down Unit at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center. The Patient Care Assistant facilitates a safe, clean working environment and contributes to the health and safety of patients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Performs patient care activities as identified on Patient Care Assistant competency checklist.
- Recognizes and reports changing patient care needs to the registered nurse.
- Documents findings and maintains privacy in patient’s medical record in compliance with unit specific standards and systems.
- Provides emotional and physical comfort to patients and provides a safe environment for patients.
- Responsible for maintenance of the department equipment, reporting and follow-up of equipment in need of repairs, including awareness and reporting of life safety issues.
- To increase performance improvement and create a cooperative team environment the per diem patient care assistant creates and supports a ‘no gossip’ work environment. All issues and complaints go up to the supervisor and not to coworkers who can’t do anything about the issue.
- Actively participates in hourly rounding as appropriate for the unit and uses AIDET at the first encounter with each patient each day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $20.60/hr - $ 23.90/hr
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistants with 3 years of experience in an acute care facility or 5 years or experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility or sub-acute setting or Nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program who have completed the first semester of the nursing program.
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) certification is requirred
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Basic computer knowledge preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."