Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner III - FT/Nights (12hr) w/ Sign On Bonus $2,500 - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: MIL003341
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner III has in-depth knowledge of respiratory care based on previous experience and is able to apply and use that knowledge in multiple situations. The RCP III is a proficient RCP in the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures designed to elevate, stabilize, prevent or remedy patient cardiopulmonary problems. He/she perceives the entire situation as a whole rather than in terms of parts. Decision-making is less labored since the RCP III has a perspective of the many important attributes and aspects presented by the patient. Critical thinking is apparent and judgments are oriented toward the best possible outcome for the patient. The RCP III responds to most situations with speed, confidence and flexibility and is able to handle unanticipated problems or emergencies. Effective relationships and clinical leadership skills among the interdisciplinary team are evident. The proficient performer considers fewer options and focuses on an accurate assessment and interpretation of the problem or situation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Provides expert efficient patient care in emergent and non-emergent situations by administering medication, performing therapeutic/diagnostic interventions all in accordance with Respiratory Care Services policies and procedures. Serves as a clinical resource to other Respiratory Care Practitioners, members of the multidisciplinary team and house staff.
- Provides expert diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to evaluate patients by using equipment appropriately in the delivery of patient care. Constantly decontaminates equipment and supplies within the department according to department policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements plan for teaching patient/family/significant other knowledge and skills essential for managing illness.
- Actively identifies patients with healthcare associated infections by applying infection control policies and procedures consistently, including effective hand hygiene and utilizing personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and reports problems through department specific channels and suggests solutions for unresolved problems to add value to the Respiratory Care Services department. Participates in department-specific performance improvement projects and policy development.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation and billing for all interventions in the patient's medical record consistent with scientific principle, standards of respiratory care practice and hospital policy.
- Performs skills in each area (pediatric and neonatal) at 70% expert and 30% proficient. Validation of these competencies will be by direct observation, simulation and training.
- Serves as a primary preceptor to new staff and others and participates in the education of RCP's and staff as an instructor. Acts as relief coordinator or team lead on an as needed basis.
- Participates in identifying trends in clinical respiratory practice and provides input on the delivery of respiratory care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $42.68/hr. - $61.00/hr.
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- 3+ years of acute care experience in Pediatric/Neonatal Critical Care required. Consideration will be made for an employee with strong education and associated experiential background.
- Graduate of an AMA accredited School for Respiratory Care or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in health related field required
- Current CA RCP license
- BCLS-Healthcare Provider, required
- NRP (specialty area only, required in NICU)
- PALS, NRP (specialty area only, required in Pediatrics)
- At least two advanced credentials: NPS, ACCS, RPFT, Certified Asthma Educator, COPD Educator, NPT
- RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) required for all new hires after January 1, 2014
- 100% unit-specific expert level competency
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."