PR Communication Specialist II
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON008200
The Communications Specialist II of public relations & communications is responsible for the development, writing, design and production, of a wide variety of high priority internal and external materials. The pieces should differentiate our products, services and initiatives, to elevate our key stakeholders’ (employees, physicians, patients, board members, etc.) experience with the brand. Materials are technically accurate, clinically sound, and maintain the brand voice and integrity of the organization and support the goals and objectives related to the MemorialCare strategic plan.
Takes the initiative to learn and understand all aspects of the business. Assignments may include expert interviews with physicians, executives, patients, for articles, presentations, press releases, etc. Solid writing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to completion on time and meeting deadlines are critical.
Supports the Director, of public relations & communications and maintains collaborative relationships with the marketing team, across the various workstreams of Brand/Digital, Service Line, and B2B/Outreach. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of MemorialCare and each of its entities. The employee will also be expected to support all organizational expectations including, but not limited to, customer service, patient’s rights, confidentiality of information, environment of care and MemorialCare initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong, versatile copywriting and editing; ability to creatively translate ideas and concepts into content that communicates key messages and achieves strategic objectives to all key stakeholder audiences.
- Writes and produces high profile senior executive and governing board communications, and/or presentations, for significant internal and external events. This will include, but not limited to: scripts, presentations, articles, , letters, press releases, annual reports, etc.
- Maintain brand voice and editorial continuity and consistency among all communications; write or edit, proofread and disseminate informational materials to promote MemorialCare.
- Manages marketing collateral, design and working with graphic designers, to meet all due dates and deadlines.
- Proofs and edits all copy prior to submittal for production and performs final proof and edits of marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain expertise in specified program areas/healthcare.
- Supports director by contributing ideas for communication plans, initiatives, researching and recommending concepts that build awareness and reputation of the brand.
- Consults with and advises internal clients regarding communication needs.
- Must be able to work independently, make own decisions and demonstrate initiative.
- Support junior staff members by offering feedback and guidance on projects
- Timely writing and production of communication pieces to maximize opportunities.
- Knowledge and use of Associated Press Style guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed.
- Functions as additional resource for the department by attending marketing events, physician presentations and sales meetings as needed. Assists with graphic design materials.
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare copy writing experience and collateral production is essential; including writing marketing materials, biographies, articles and press releases. Experience with graphic design is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or public relations.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."