Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
- Title: Registered Nurse, RN II
- Location: Long Beach Memorial Medical Center – Long Beach, CA
- Department: Adult Oncology
- Status: Full-time
- Shift: Nights (12hr AWS)
- Pay Range*: $53.18/hr - $73.57/hr
- Bonus: $10,000 sign-on
- Additional Compensation: $7.00/hr night differential
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration, and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation, and teamwork.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Long Beach Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Meets population specific competencies
- Documentation is complete accurate and timely and reflects patients plan of care
- Provides leadership and a clear direction to all members of the healthcare team to support the plan of care while maintaining the responsibility and accountability for the management of patient care
- Provides for the psycho-social, spiritual, and cultural needs to patients, families, and significant others.
- Demonstrates continued development of clinical expertise and current knowledge of healthcare trends and education related to nursing practices
- Participates in processes that improve standards of care and practice in the delivery of nursing service
- Supports sustainment of the magnet culture
- Possesses knowledge of job specific competencies in the oncology unit
- Other duties as assigned
*Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefitsfor more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- One-year minimum experience in acute care Oncology or Infusion setting preferred
- Current CA RN license
- BSN required or experienced RN in an accredited BSN program
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider required or must be obtained within one (1) year of hire.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider cards are valid for up to three (3) months after expiration date.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.