RN, Clinical Educator - Critical Care
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON010384
Title: RN, Clinical Educator
Location: Long Beach Medical Center
Department: Critical Care
Status: Full Time
Pay Range:$60.40/hr - $84.19/hr
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
This position is responsible for providing patient population specific orientation and education to nursing staff. The position places strong emphasis on bridging educational needs with clinical performance in patient care areas. This position develops a comprehensive plan for meeting the educational needs of the staff in their unit and carries out that plan in order to support high quality and excellence in patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Performs annual needs assessment, develops and implements annual education plan and re-evaluates education needs and education plan as needed.
- Ensures implementation of staff education programs related to new regulations/equipment/policies and procedures, etc.
- Ensures implementation of mutually agreed upon education programs that meet unit needs and goals on all shifts.
- Clinical performance problems of staff are identified and documented, and plan for clinical performance improvement developed with manager.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and utilizes the principles of adult learning in all aspects of teaching.
- Ensures that teaching plans/strategies account for and recognize the specific characteristics of adult learners.
- Acts as a resource in the clinical practice of student RNs and to the nursing instructor.
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years critical care experience required
- Cardiac critical care experience preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Masters degree preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."