Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The RN, Registered Nurse 8-Hr provides safe, cost-effective patient care through the health experience, according to established standards utilizing the nursing process, within the scope of practice of Registered Nursing, for the Cardiac Department at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center.
The RN in the Cardiac clinic (1st floor) will be expected to:
- Coordinate the care of all outpatient coronary CTA’s, including:
- Obtain orders required for the procedure and any orders specific to the individual patient’s care
- Provide appointment reminders and follow up phone calls
- Administer oral and IV medications as ordered on day of exam
- Monitor patient during medication administration and post procedure for any adverse reactions
- Help coordinate the care of inpatient Coronary CTA’s
- Assist with all responsibilities in the Cardiac Clinic (1st floor) , including:
- Pre-op of cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery , electrophysiology, and structural heart patients. (Watchman, TAVR, MitraClip)
- Post-op assessment and coordination with the cardiothoracic surgery patients
- Post procedure phone calls and follow up
- Assisting with scheduling patient visits
- Provide education to cardiothoracic surgery patients, relieving some of the NP’s clinic responsibilities. This provides the NP more time to focus more on direct patient care needs.
- Support the weekly valve clinic which involves supporting the patients, families, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and NPs
- Support the growth of the clinic as new needs arise.
A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California is required.
A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR & AED) certification is also required.
A Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) is also required unless waived by Nurse Executive Council review.
The ideal candidate will have nursing experience in at least one year of telemetry unit nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.