Sterile Processing Technician II (SPD Tech II) - $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS - Full-Time/Varies (8hr)
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON007504
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and transportation of surgical and procedural instruments in accordance with industry and regulatory standards and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Decontaminates surgical and procedural instruments per manufacturer's recommendations
- Assembles, inspects, and tests per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operates all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, H2O2, instrument and cart washers.
- Uses instrument tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepares OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures and prioritize vendor tray processing.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers by carrying and utilizing Cisco phones or other communication device.
- Must maintain and check Memorial Care email correspondence regularly but at least bi-weekly.
- Precepts and assists with the orientation of new staff.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.
- Sterile Processing experience or Graduate of a Sterile Processing Technical Training Program required
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of IAHCSMM Certification required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."