Cook - FT/Variable
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA004033
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
Provide a summary of the position describing the primary objective of the position (e.g. Why does the position exist).
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Performs a variety of tasks pertaining to the preparation of food for patients and non-patients. This includes preparation of meat, starches, vegetables, soups, modified diets, ethnic foods and other food as requested on the tally sheet according to standardized recipes and set up and serve hot food on patient tray line.
Essential Job Outcomes
1. Coordinate the menu with the supervisor/Buyer and prepares food for patients, catering, cafeteria and doctor's dining room.
2. Follows food sanitation, safety and infection control guidelines and monitor staff compliance as needed.
3. Monitors the food storage temperature logs and tray line hot foods.
4. Monitor correct portion sizes. Ensures that foods served have an attractive and appetizing appearance
5. Follow HACCP guidelines for all critical points across the flow of food. Demonstrates ability to perform other related duties as required
6. “Other duties as assigned”
Pay Range: $20/hr - $27/hr
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbal and written forms of English.
- Two years restaurant or experience as an institutional cook preparing large quantities of food preferred.
- Some post high school culinary arts training preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."